Knoxville has been chosen. Taco Bell fans across the Scruffy City have a chance to be the first to try out a new crunchy, yet cheesy menu item.
The Cheesy Chicken Crispanada has made its debut exclusively at select Knoxville Taco Bell locations. The folded fried pastry is filled with chicken and cheese, as the name implies, and it comes with a side of spicy ranch for dipping.
If you’re craving a Crispanada now after reading that, the cheesy offerings apprently are selling fast, at least at the Taco Bell location on Chapman Highway. And for now at least, the Crispanada will only be available for a limited time.
What is the Cheesy Chicken Crispanada?
- It’s Taco Bell’s take on an empanada, a baked or fried pastry filled with meat that is common in Spanish and Latin American countries.
- Taco Bell’s version is filled with shredded chicken and a blend of melted cheeses.
How much is it?
- It costs $3.49 on its own.
- It can also be ordered as a box meal for $8.49 that comes with a crunchy taco, cinnamon twists and a medium drink.
Where to buy Taco Bell’s Cheesy Chicken Crispanada?
- The Cheesy Chicken Crispanada is being exclusively tested in Knoxville.
- It is available at select locations; Knox News confirmed the Crispanada is available at 4854 N. Broadway St. in Fountain City and 6504 Chapman Highway in South Knoxville, at least.
- Call your preferred Taco Bell location to confirm its availability, or just swing by the drive-thru.
How long will it be available?
- The Cheesy Chicken Crispanada will only be available for limited time, possibly for a month, as it’s tested out in the Knoxville market.
Taco Bell giveth and taketh away
In addition to giving the Cheesy Chicken Crispanada a test run in Knoxville, Taco Bell is trying out $2 Double Stacked Tacos exclusively in Birmingham, Alabama. That menu item is available in three flavors: Nacho Crunch, Cheesy Chipotle and Sweet Scorpion.
The fast-food chain also recently announced some other menu offerings, as well as departures.
- The Bacon Club Chalupa ($4.99) is returning for a limited time. It features grilled chicken, bacon, avocado ranch sauce, lettuce, diced tomatoes and a blend of three cheeses in a warm chalupa shell.
- The Double Steak Grilled Cheese Burrito ($7.29) also returns. The grilled warm tortilla is filled with two servings of steak, seasoned rice, and topped with a blend of melted cheeses.
- The Quesarito ($4.49) will be pulled from the menu April 19. The rolled quesadilla filled with seasoned beef, seasoned rice, nacho cheese sauce and sour cream can be ordered online or on the Taco Bell app until then.
Devarrick Turner is a trending news reporter for Knox News. He can be reached by email at email@example.com. Follow Devarrick on Twitter @dturner1208. Enjoy exclusive content and premium perks while supporting strong local journalism by subscribing at knoxnews.com/subscribe.
News Source: https://www.knoxnews.com/story/entertainment/dining/2023/03/15/taco-bell-debuts-cheesy-chicken-crispanada-at-these-knoxville-locations/70008702007/