March 14 is the day we get to eat 3.14 slices of pie. Well, technically, it’s an annual celebration of the number Pi , but it’s a dang good excuse to enjoy a sweet slice of pastry or savory pizza.
National Pi Day honors the mathematical constant that represents the ratio of a circle’s circumference to its diameter, π. The number famously has trillions of digits but is often abbreviated to 3.14, which is why it’s celebrated on March 14.
Although National Pie Day is Jan. 23, National Pi Day is full of special deals on sweet and savory pies. Here are just a few Knoxville places to find the perfect slice.
- Buy three pies for $14 at Buttermilk Sky.
- Pick a selection of three 4-inch pies from 10 flavors to get this Pi Day deal.
- The 10 flavors include the shop’s signature key lime and granny’s apple pies, and the I-40 pie, which is a pecan pie with pecans, chocolate chips and toasted coconut.
- Location: 5400 Kingston Pike (Knoxville); 11525 Parkside Drive (Turkey Creek)
- The first Cuban bakery in Knoxville features a signature a key lime pie baked from scratch daily.
- Pastelitos’ signature key lime pie and other baked goods can be delivered via Market Wagon, an online famers market, for Pi Day.
- Orders can be placed at marketwagon.com.
- Small Comforts Kitchen specializes in gluten-free pies, tarts, toaster strudel and other pie-like desserts.
- It’s hosting its first popup event on Pi Day at the Golden Roast.
- The special Pi Day event will be 11 a.m.-3:14 p.m. or while supplies last.
- Market Wagon is an online farmers market that delivers to 14 counties in East Tennessee.
- Order online at marketwagon.com to receive a variety of pies from Pastelitos Cuban Bakery (Knoxville), Cook n Craft Academy (Loudon) and Gigi’s Sweet Shop (Signal Mountain).
- Let’s not forget about the pizza pie. Blaze Pizza is offering any 11-inch pizza for $3.14.
- The pizza pie can be ordered with endless toppings for the same price but will cost extra for crust upgrades.
- The sale is available at all three Knoxville area locations: 113 North Peters Road (Cedar Bluff); 10978 Parkside Drive (Turkey Creek); 1053 Hunters Crossing (Alcoa).
Here are a few other places to pick up delicious pies on National Pi Day
Devarrick Turner is a trending news reporter for Knox News. He can be reached by email at email@example.com. Follow Devarrick on Twitter @dturner1208.
Enjoy exclusive content and premium perks while supporting strong local journalism by subscribing at knoxnews.com/subscribe.
News Source: https://www.knoxnews.com/story/entertainment/dining/2023/03/13/knoxville-pi-day-2023-where-to-get-pie-and-pizza-deals/69994910007/