This vegetarian risotto is made in the oven for maximum ease and is abundant with spring vegetables, such as asparagus, leeks and courgettes. The perfect celebration of spring! Plus is only takes 15min to prep…
Advertisement – Continue Reading Below
- Prep Time:
- 15 mins
- Cook Time:
- 1 hr
- Total Time:
- 1 hr 15 mins
- 2 tbsp.
- 25 g
medium courgette, trimmed and cut into rough 2cm pieces
leek, finely sliced
garlic cloves, crushed
- 300 g
.25 litre vegetable stock
Finely grated zest and juice 1 lemon
- 250 g
asparagus, roughly chopped
- 150 g
Small handful mint leaves, finely chopped, plus extra leaves to garnish
- 50 g
vegetarian Italian-style hard cheese, grated, plus extra to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan) mark 6. Add the oil and butter to a large ovenproof serving dish or roasting tin and heat in the oven to melt the butter.
- Step 2Once melted, carefully remove the dish/tin from the oven and mix in the courgette, leek, garlic and some seasoning. Return to the oven and roast for 20min, stirring halfway, or until the vegetables are starting to soften.
- Step 3Remove dish/tin from the oven and mix in the risotto rice to thoroughly coat in the fat. Add the stock, lemon zest and juice and mix to combine. Cover dish/tin tightly with foil and return to the oven for 15min, or until the rice is nearly tender (there will still be liquid in the dish/tin).
- Step 4Remove dish/tin from the oven and stir through the remaining ingredients. Re-cover with foil and return to the oven for 10min. Remove the foil and cook for 5-10min more, or until the rice is tender and has absorbed the liquid.
- Step 5Check seasoning and scatter over extra mint and cheese. Serve.
News Source: https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/uk/food/recipes/a43336571/easy-baked-spring-risotto/